Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Night and Me ( in six parts)

I
It was a cold July night
the rains have stopped
early in the evening
coolness was felt
the night was dark
the streets quiet
roads were free
the buildings in rows
only the blurred images
of the neon lights
did I see.

Here from above
the multitude of houses
I came down in my helicopter
unnoticed
soundlessly
to disturb not
the silent slumber
the warm embraces
sensual feelings
pleasurable moments
loving ectasy
in the burning erotism
of the young couple.

II
I rose up higher
laughing myself to Life
the mutual reward of giving
the satisfaction of my ideals
I share with my woman
deep in embrace.
In a moment of high happiness
we declared ourselves as one
united in desire
the longing of sharing
the longing of loving
of passion and affection
now trapped in one beautiful moment.

We remained lost in togetherness
unuttered in words
we embraced to love life
to live life
in sharing moments
the ups and downs
the totality of what will be.

III
I glided now into the calm night
to a world of deep meditation
stillness abound
rich in its stimulation
for in the thoughtful recesses
of his mind
the young scholar toiled
imagining and picturing
thinking aloud
discovering and synthesising
knowledge anewed.

How I love Life
and Truth it rewards
the curiosity and fire of learning
in practice of creative gifts
that has raised my being
my not-knowing
the brilliance and exposure
by the light of reason
imagination too.

IV
I wandered about
the darkness and mysteries
of the night.
On every step I forward made
brilliance shone
my spirit blazed
the night stayed darkly.

V
My helicopter
brought me down town
among the conflagrations of
colourful neon lights
that adorned the streets and entrances
of the cold lonely night.
My eyes were caught
by the kicking of doors swung open
a man was pushed out
wrapped in dissatisfaction
walked out feeling hurt
worry and quilt
joy missed.
The prostitute
hands on her heavy hips
stood legs apart at the doorway
shouted obscenities at the man
giggled at life
the future what be
she banged the door
and turned back
into the dark corners
of undeserved life.

VI
I looked behind me
the hours were late
the night more lonely
I flew faster
up and higher
running for the day
the brilliance to come.


MOOD, 30.7.74
( Remade continously)

No comments: